Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today, after more than a week of class observations at a prestigious International School (College level), I was made to do my demo teaching to Psychology Majors (juniors), and observed by no less than the Chairperson of the Psychology Department and the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and Education.

Of course, it was pressure enough to teach a Development Psychology subject, but to be observed and evaluated by the top officers of the school in front of college students put a lot more pressure on me.

I was only given 1 day to research on my topic -- The 5 Laws of Attraction.

I had a whole day of preparation for my powerpoint presentation and gathering of some materials for activities. Being a department head at the office helped as I was able to juggle my time between meetings and doing my school stuff.

I was given a "Very Good!" by my teachers-supervisors in the feedback sheet. smile

After which, I was invited to the College Dean's office where they verbally communicated they elation on my first demo teaching. I was given a few tips on getting insights from students which I really appreciated -- coming from seasoned professors. The clincher for me was when the Dean told me that I will be a very good professor/lecturer. I was even tipped on a possible slot to handle a Psychology course.

I will have my second and more rigid practice teaching from Monday onwards initially teaching the subject "Intelligence," a General Psychology course for non-majors.

I am really excited about today as it has opened me to something which I love to do -- teaching -- but did not have time to do all these years.
======================================================
HOMER NIEVERA Business Development. Social Media. Digital Marketing.
http://homernievera.net

No comments:

Post a Comment