Monday, October 11, 2010

Classic Burger Heaven @ Tropical Hut

Oh so classic!

For me, Tropical Hut's classic all-beef hamburger has been an all-time favorite. I remember one of the first Tropical Hut restaurants near Don Bosco Makati at the corner of Pasong Tamo and (then) Pasay Road in Makati City. I bet today's generation don't have a clue where that was, huh? My parents treated us boys to the place whenever we received medals every graduation day. My favorite variant then was the Rancho Ranchero -- classic hamburger with sunny-side-up egg.

Today, Tropical Hut Hamburger has maintained its smallness with the coming of giants McDonalds and mighty Jollibee. Still, nothing beats the taste of Tropical Hut Hamburger. I haven't encountered any hamburger like that of Tropical's.

I frequent the Tropical Hut outlet at corner of Aguirre and President's Avenue in BF Paranaque. Coffee there is one of the best, if not, THE best! Congressman Roilo Golez frequents that branch where he conducts some of his small meetings. Yeah, he doesn't have an entourage.

Over lunch today, I sampled their Double Double Burger (2 patties of Classic Hamburger with veggies) together with french fries. Heaven! I dipped the piping hot fries in my special sauce of catsup and mustard and had some macaroni salad. After downing a cup of their classic brewed coffee, I could have died right there. haha. So there, I had to take Lesofat (Orlistat) after to rid myself of all that fat. haha.

Total bill for my heavenly meal: 150 pesos.

To all my readers and friends in the U.S. and elsewhere, is there a Tropical Hut Hamburger in your area?

2 comments:

  1. Tropical hut burgers does have a good unique taste. It tastes more like a properly prepared home cooked burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @hardhats - that's right. somehow they have maintained the taste and quality. try burping after. you'l know how classic the taste is. hah. :)

    ReplyDelete