Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Trip to Lingayen Church in Pangasinan

For the second weekend in a row, we traversed the northern part of Luzon onto Pangasinan.

Our real destination destination was Bugallon, the ancestral town of my father, for my uncle's homecoming in time for his 60th birthday. The supposed overnighter became a day trip instead as my girls wanted to go home in time for youth org activity the next day.

So there we went and enjoyed the promdi-type celebration of the traditional lechon, kalderetang kambing, and buko pandan with Graham for dessert. There were lots of other Ilocano and Pangasinense delicacies like the famous inihaw na bangus, but the bonus was the rockaoke-type of singing complete with a full band!

To make sure we didn't miss going to church the next day (a Sunday), we decided to catch the 5pm anticipated mass at the Lingayen church which was 30 minutes away by car.

Thinking it to be a regular trip to the old town we have frequented when I was a kid, I was surprised to discover things I overlooked. Here are some things I captured with my old handy SLR:

Lingayen Church with its pagoda-type bell tower
The largest and oldest bell (1872)

Still the best transportation around town

Posing infront of the oldest bell

The marker "Kampana Museum"

That's how big the bell is!

The smallest bell in the museum

Still big in size as compared to my 15-year old

The 6 bells in the Kampana Museum

A view from the right side of the Lingayen Church

Inside the church: Altar view

The old Confessional Box

Sunset in Lingayen

Sunset in a field

Day becomes night


======================================================
HOMER NIEVERA
Business Development. Social Media. Digital Marketing.
http://homernievera.net

No comments:

Post a Comment